When selecting window replacement products for your home, there are numerous shapes and sizes available to choose. Window Makeover’s wide range of options allows you to create the aesthetic you want at a price you can afford. Installed by our skilled employees and backed by excellent warranties, window replacement is a valuable investment in your home.
Window Replacement Options
There are many types of windows available for installation in your home. Here is some window replacement options to consider:
- Double-hung windows
- Single-hung windows
- Casement windows
- Awning windows
- Fixed frame windows
- Fixed curve-top frame windows
- Sliding windows
- Transom windows
- Picture windows
- Bay windows
- Skylight windows
Window Replacement Shapes
The shape of your replacement windows has a powerful impact on the beauty of your home. A window shape change creates an entirely new aesthetic and complements the design of your home’s indoors and exterior.
Along with standard rectangular or square windows, popular window replacement shapes include:
- Curved top frame (also called arch or eyebrow). These rectangular windows have a curve at the top of the window. They are fixed windows which do not open.
- Transom. Transom windows are small horizontally-positioned rectangular windows installed above a door or another window. Fixed or open options are available.
- Bay (also called bow). These windows are distinct due to their outwardly curved shape.
- Quarter-circle. Quarter-circle windows can be installed to accent other windows or doors in the home.
- Half circle. Half circle windows make a great accent at the top of other windows or doors in the home.
- Triangle. Triangle windows are a great way to accent the unique or modern architectural features of your home while adding natural light.
- Gothic. Gothic-style windows date back to the 12th century. Their use in modern homes delivers a distinctive, ornate beauty.
- Oval. Oval windows allow you to create a unique architectural element while adding light. These are commonly used in stairways, closets, or bathrooms.
Window Replacement Sizes
For window replacement, look and function depends on the selection of appropriately-sized windows. Windows should be sized to fit the opening for direct replacements. This will lessen the need for window jams to fill gaps between the window and construction materials of your home, creating a cleaner aesthetic.
Standard window replacement sizes are available as well as custom sizes to meet your needs. For window replacement, we carefully measure your existing windows. This is so we can create new windows to the exact dimensions of the existing opening.
Window Replacement Selection
When replacing existing windows in your home, or if you’d like to add additional custom windows, consult with a window replacement expert. Window Makeover’s creative designers help you select window replacement shapes and sizes to deliver the functionality you need and create the look you desire.
With our vast selection of replacement windows, we will design a window replacement plan to fit your budget while hitting all the wants and needs.
Window replacement improves the energy efficiency of your home while creating a beautiful look both inside and out. Learn more about our window replacement services today – contact us now!