What Is Roof Coating and How to Tell If You Need It
Your roof is constantly providing a service that often goes unnoticed until there is a problem. A roof experiences sun exposure, bombardment from all types of weather conditions, and repercussions of environmental fluctuations. A roof is designed to take years of wear and tear, providing your home with a necessary line of defense. Roofing materials are a significant investment designed to provide decades of lasting protection when properly installed and maintained.
Roof coating helps ensure that you get the most out of your initial roofing investment. Roof coating is often used to repair, patch, or coat the surface of your roof. This helps restore any issue, provides weatherproofing, and extends the life of your investment.
Do I Need Roof Coating?
Roof coating is designed to extend the life of your roof. This protective layer adds additional support and protection. If you are unsure of whether or not you could benefit from roof coating, some signs to look for include:
- Leaks- roof leaks can cause significant damage to the interior of your home. Even the smallest leak can create significant, costly damage over time. Leaks can be caused by severe weather, such as hail, debris, and other physical damages. In these situations, a repair can stop the targeted leak. However, if there is no apparent damage associated with a leak, a roof coating can be the ideal solution.
- Age- Depending on your chosen roofing material and environmental impacts, you are likely to expect 15-20 years of quality protection. As your roof ages, the material begins to break down and weaken. If you have a roof that is still providing the protection you want but is getting older, a roof coating can ensure you get the most out of your roofing investment.
- Cracking and bare spots- due to UV exposure, roofs with asphalt are especially susceptible to cracking. If you notice any cracking in your roof’s surface, you need to consider a roof coating. Bare spots can also be an indication it is time to invest in roof coating. This coating helps to protect from UV, which is a leading culprit in the accelerated deterioration of roofing materials.
Benefits of Roof Coatings
If you are experiencing any of these issues, a roof coating can provide an ideal solution. Some of the most appealing benefits of investing in a roof coating include:
- Sustainability- a roof coating can help you to restore your existing roof materials, minimizing the amount of roofing material that ends up in a landfill. Roof coating is also made with highly reflective finishes, which help to reduce energy costs as well as your impact on the environment. The coating can be reapplied as it fades, ensuring a quick and easy way to care for your roof and your environment.
- Cost-effective- investing in roof coating can help extend the life of your roof. This is a much more cost-effective way to ensure you get the most from your roof. This coating helps to prevent the need for maintenance repairs due to weather or UV exposure as well as puts off the need for an entirely new roof installation.
- Fast installation- when turning to a professional, installing a coating system can be done quickly and effectively. You’ll be saving both time and money by avoiding extensive roof repair or installation.
Let Us Help
At Exteriors by Window Makeover, we can help provide quality roof coating to any home. You’ll love the extended life and protection of your roof. Contact us to learn more.