Exteriors by Window Makeover is committed to standing behind the quality of its products. Our years of experienced craftsmanship and constant research and development in new products brings peace of mind in your purchase and confidence in the company you hired. Our confidence in our products and our people allows us to offer one of the best warranties in the industry. Our warranty rivals that of major nationally recognized window manufacturers and goes far beyond that of our competitors.
What is Covered
- All components supplied and installed on Exteriors by Window Makeover’s Full Frame Restoration will carry a 25 year warranty for rot and/or decay with labor included for the first five (5) years. This warranty is null and void if proper maintenance (caulking & painting) is not performed as needed.
- The wood stiles and rails of the sash manufactured and installed by Exteriors by Window Makeover will carry a 25 year warranty for rot and/or decay with labor included for the first five (5) years. This warranty is null and void if proper maintenance (caulking & painting) is not performed as needed. Sashes not manufactured by Exteriors by Window Makeover will default to that specific manufacturer’s warranty.
- Any glass supplied, including glass in sashes manufactured by Exteriors by Window Makeover, and installed by Exteriors by Window Makeover will carry a 10 year warranty for seal failure or breakage with labor included for the first five (5) years. Glass in sashes not manufactured by Exteriors by Window Makeover will default to that specific manufacturer’s warranty.
What is Not Covered
- The appearance of decay on any original sash or frame component of a restored unit that was not repaired or replaced by Exteriors by Window MakeoverTM during the restoration process.
- The reappearance of decay on any restored unit after the warranty period has expired.
- The entrance of water into the interior of the residence where such condition was present prior to restoration work.
- The entrance of water into the home under extreme and/or unusual weather conditions.
- The deterioration of the window frame or sash caused by damage or defects in surrounding materials and surfaces.
- Finish painting, priming, caulking, paint prep or any other work performed by others after restoration work had been completed.
- Field repairs of any kind to an original sash.
- Adhesion of paint and caulk, or the performance of such materials for any period of time.
- Sealants and caulking applied during restoration are not warrantied. Regular annual maintenance is required by the homeowner.
- Cracked or broken glass, that was not supplied or installed by Exteriors by Window Makeover. Homeowners must report damage to Exteriors by Window MakeoverTM at final walk-through of work.
- Glass seal failure after a completed project of ANY re-used and/or existing insulated panel.
- The thermal performance, quality, and integrity of a window is not improved, nor altered, by the restoration process and is not warranted.
- Mechanical hardware, weather stripping, or any other non-wood components of the unit are not altered during the restoration process and are not warranted. The mechanical operation of the unit may be improved under the normal restoration process. However, mechanical defects that are present prior to restoration may remain and are not warranted. It is the responsibility of the homeowner to have reasonable knowledge of the operation of their windows prior to having work performed.
- Twisting or warping of PVC components painted dark colors with a LVR of 55 or lower is NOT covered by this warranty.
- All PVC components painted dark colors with a LRV value of 55 or lower required Sherwin Williams “Vinyl Safe” paint.
- This warranty shall be null and void should any restored unit not receive finish painting using this specific product within the warranty period.
- Window Make
In order to make a warranty claim, you must notify us of a warranty request prior to the expiration of the warranty period. Requests made after the warranty period will be denied. This limited warranty shall not cover any maintenance or upkeep of any window unit after restoration is complete. Exteriors by Window MakeoverTM takes no responsibility for the longevity, operation, or long-term integrity of any window unit on which restoration work is performed beyond the scope of this warranty. Regular, annual maintenance of wood windows is imperative to their longevity. Rot-free conversions still require regular inspection and caulk maintenance of joins and seams to prevent water infiltration. Please see our care and maintenance tips for recommendations from our experts on how to care for your windows.
It is expressly agreed that this shall be the sole and exclusive remedy of the customer. Under no circumstances shall Exteriors by Window MakeoverTM be liable for any costs, loss, expense, special, incidental or consequential damages arising directly or indirectly from the repair and restoration of the window unit whether based upon warranty, contract, negligence or strict liability. In no event will liability exceed the price paid to Exteriors by Window MakeoverTM. The warranty and limits of liability herein are in lieu of all other warranties and liabilities, expressed or implied. All implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose are hereby disclaimed by Exteriors by Window MakeoverTM and excluded from this warranty.