Window MakeoverTM is committed to standing behind the quality of its products. Our years of experienced craftsmanship and constant research and development in new products brings peace of mind in your purchase and confidence in the company you hired. Our confidence in our products and our people allows us to offer of the best warranties in the industry. Our warranty rivals that of major nationally recognized window manufacturers and goes far beyond that of our competitors.
What is Covered
- New components shall be free from defect in materials or workmanship for five (5) years from install date. *See paint note.
- Window MakeoverTM shall provide labor and install for warranty claims related to component failure on all Window MakeoverTM components for the term of the limited
- New wood sashes with glass supplied and installed by Window MakeoverTM are covered for five (5) years.
- New IG units (insulated glass) supplied and installed by Window MakeoverTM are covered for ten (10) years against seal failure, with labor included for the first five (5)
Examples of Defects in Materials or Workmanship
- Evidence of decay or rot during the warranty period, only if proper maintenance by the homeowner or 3rd party has been performed.
- Provided that water did not enter into the interior of the residence prior to the performed restoration, displacement or movement of supplied parts and components
that permits the entrance of water into the interior of the residence. The entrance of water shall be limited to normal weather conditions. Extreme weather conditions
may still permit the entrance of water. *See paint note.
- Displacement or movement of supplied parts and components that affect the operation of the unit during the warranty period. *See pain note.
- Deterioration of cosmetic filler or putty used in the restoration. Please note that exterior grate putties and fillers are used for cosmetic finishes only and are NEVER used
as a substitute for window components.
What is Not Covered
- The advertised “lifetime” guarantee means that only synthetic components (PVC) shall be free from rot for the life of the window. The lifetime guarantee does not cover labor or any other component provided by Window MakeoverTM that is not a PVC component.
- The appearance of decay on any original sash or frame component (inclusive of the interior metal cladding of the jamb) of a restored unit that is not repaired or replaced by Window MakeoverTM during the restoration process.
- The reappearance of decay on any restored unit after the warranty period as expired.
- The entrance of water into the interior of the residence where such condition was present prior to restoration work.
- The entrance of water into the home under extreme and/or unusual weather conditions.
- The deterioration of the window frame or sash caused by damage or defects in surrounding materials and surfaces
- Finish painting, priming, caulking, paint prep or any other work performed by others after restoration work had been completed.
- Field repairs of any kind to an original sash.
- Adhesion of paint and caulk, or the performance of such materials for any period of time.
- Sealants and caulking applied during restoration are not warrantied. Regular annual maintenance is required by the homeowner or 3rd party.
- Cracked or broken glass prior to or after Window MakeoverTM completes and leaves a job is not warrantied. Homeowners must report damage to Window MakeoverTM
at final approval of work.
- Failed glass thermal seals of ANY re-used and/or existing insulated glass unit which occur during or after restoration is not warrantied.
- The thermal performance, quality and integrity of a window is not improved, nor altered by the restoration process and is not warrantied.
- Mechanical hardware, weather-strip, or any other non-wood components of the unit are not altered during the restoration process and are not warrantied. The
mechanical operation of the unit may be improved under the normal restoration process. However, mechanical defects that are present prior to restoration may remain and are not warrantied. It is the responsibility of the homeowner to have reasonable knowledge of the operation of their windows prior to having work performed.
- *Twisting or warping of PVC components painted dark colors with a LVR of 55 or lower is NOT covered by this warranty.
- All PVC components painted dark colors with a LRV value of 55 or lower required Sherwin Williams “Vinyl Safe” paint.
- This warranty shall be null and void should any restored unit not receive finish painting using this specific product within the warranty period.
- Window Makeover bears no responsibility of 3rd party painting contractors who do not use this specific product for any reason.
In order to make a warranty claim, you must notify us of a warranty request prior to the expiration of the warranty period. Requests made after the warranty period will be denied. This limited warranty shall not cover any maintenance or upkeep of any window unit after restoration is complete. Window MakeoverTM takes no responsibility for the longevity, operation, or long-term integrity of any window unit on which restoration work is performed beyond the scope of this warranty. Regular, annual maintenance of wood windows is imperative to their longevity. Rot-free conversions still require regular inspection and caulk maintenance of joins and seams to prevent water infiltration. Please see our care and maintenance tips for recommendations from our experts on how to care for your windows.
It is expressly agreed that this shall be the sole and exclusive remedy of the customer. Under no circumstances shall Window MakeoverTM be liable for any costs, loss, expense, special, incidental or consequential damages arising directly or indirectly from the repair and restoration of the window unit whether based upon warranty, contract, negligence or strict liability. In no event will liability exceed the price paid to Window MakeoverTM. The warranty and limits of liability herein are in lieu of all other warranties and liabilities, expressed or implied. All implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose are hereby disclaimed by Window MakeoverTM and excluded from this warranty.